TAL Education Group Sets up a Special Fund of 100 million Yuan to Continue Education in Coronavirus Affected Areas
March 4, 2020
March 4, 2020- In the spirit of providing continuous access to education in the hardest hit areas of the Coronavirus outbreak in China, TAL Education Group, the parent company of Career China, has established a special fund of 100 million yuan and technological support.
From the TAL Education Group:
Controlling and preventing the spread of this virus is all our responsibility. Our goal is to provide a way to 'suspend classes without stopping school'. To this end, the TAL Education Group has established a special fund of 100 million yuan to support the fight of the epidemic, the specific measures are as follows:
- 20 million yuan donated to the Wuhan Charity Federation for the purchase medical supplies to fight the epidemic and protect the health of frontline medical staff.
- Another 80 million Yuan has been donated to support technology & education initiatives which will help the children in Hubei and the hardest-affected areas in the country to “suspend classes but continue school” to the greatest extent possible.
Below are some key measures to support this goal:
1. Free live broadcast platforms and technical support for primary and secondary schools in Hubei Province and other affected areas nationwide.
We understand the seriousness of this epidemic and hope that it can be controlled without affecting children's schooling. TAL Education Group will provide free live technical services, offline live rooms, live teachers and short videos for all primary and secondary schools in Hubei Province and other affected areas in the country. This curriculum will allow students to continue their learning without risking their health by coming into contact with others. At present, TAL has been working intensively to construct a live broadcast system for various regions and schools.
2. Provide online live-teaching solutions for offline training institutions in Hubei Province and other affected areas across the country.
TAL has opened an online live broadcast system to training institutions nationwide for free. To help avoid or reduce contact between students as much as possible, we encourage offline training institutions to convert offline teaching to online teaching so that students can complete their studies online without leaving their home, until the epidemic is resolved. As of 9:00 am on the 26th, a total of 713 live streaming accounts for training institutions have been opened.
3. Introduce simultaneous free live broadcast classes on campus for students who are unable to start school normally in Hubei Province and other affected areas across the country.
In response to the fact that some schools in epidemic areas cannot resume classes in the spring, Xueersi.com has mobilized hundreds of teachers from across the country and launched a free live broadcast of year-round subjects in all disciplines from Monday to Friday in sync with the school time from February 10th.
Xueersi Online School will start a full-day trial run on February 1st. Elementary and middle school students who have the need for preview and review can also start listening.
Together, we can support Hubei province and all of China in the quest to fight the spread of this illness and continue providing valuable education to children across China.
About Career China
Career China, backed by TAL Education Group, is the leading placement company for overseas job seekers in China and provides full service support for candidates transitioning to a new career and life in China. Learn more atwww.careerchina.com
Media Contact : email@example.com