Being capital of the People's Republic of China, Beijing is the nation's political, economic, and cultural center. Located in north China,it also serves as the most important transportation hub and port of entry.
First Leap is a teaching institution with a content language integrated learning (CLIL) curriculum. The students learn through creatively designed lessons in subjects such as; art, music, world culture, global leadership, science, reading, virtual PE and logical thinking. First Leap has an already developed curriculum, pre-prepared and tested lessons that are taught with interactive whiteboards. The company originated in Beijing and now has grown over 47 cities in China with around 125 training centers across the whole country.
Details of Position:
You will be responsible for designing and developing the primary phase curriculum (for learners aged 6-12) whilst also delivering quality lessons to our First Leap students. We are looking for teachers who are positive, active and outgoing who have a passion for education. First Leap constantly gives teachers the opportunity to learn more about teaching through an array of different training programs. Through these training programs First Leap has different career paths to offer.
Requirements to Teach English in Beijing China:
● Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
● Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
● Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
● Experience: Secondary teaching or research and development experience preferred.
● Required in interview: Teaching Demo & after interview completed assignment provided by the interviewer *
● Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
Responsibilities for Teachers in Beijing China:
● Student age range: 6– 12 years old.
● Class size: 10 – 14 students in one class.
● Class length: 40 minutes to 50 minutes containing various creative teaching techniques.
● Working Hours: 40 Hours Work Week (days off are discussed with employer); office hours, training and teaching hours *
● Curriculum: CLIL (Content Learning Integrated Language) formed curriculum, the Chinese teachers will teach lessons provided for the subject of Language Arts. The curriculum has been created to integrate western style education, the international teachers will teach in CLIL subjects like Science, Math, Art, Music, etc.
● Training: Day 1 First Leap Junior Training and Research & Development training / On-going training throughout the year – provided by training department team of teachers (Foreign and Chinese).
What We Offer our Teachers:
● Airfare to China: Flight is provided.
● Visa: Assistance in sponsored legal Z Work Visa in your home country and in China.
● Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
● On boarding: Ground service assistance.
Your compensation will include:
Net Monthly income: USD 2200 – 2900 (RMB 15,000 – 20,000) *
● Base Salary: USD 1400 – 1700 (RMB 10,000 – 12,000) *
● Relocation bonus: One-time payment - paid on first payslip USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
● Housing: Monthly stipend USD 580 (RMB 4,000).
● Bonus: Monthly bonus every month – calculated by teacher’s performance data *
● Airfare Bonus: Provided once contract is fulfilled USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
● Over time: Amount stipulated in handbook by school.
● Insurance: Basic Chinese health insurance.
● Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays off, Christmas and New Year’s Day off.
● Annual Holiday: Stipulated by school in interview – this depends on the working hours *
● Sick Leave: 5 paid days’ sick leave.
Other benefits include:
● Organized team-building activities
● Personal Career Development Planning
*Subject to working location details will be specified during the interview process with the recruiter or school.
A business unit of TAL Education Group (NYSE, TAL), established in Beijing in 2008.
First Leap Changchun K-12 TeacherChangchun 12500 -15500 /Month
EF Changchun ESL TeacherChangchun 10000 -12000 /Month
Best Learning Shijiazhuang ESL TeacherShijiazhuang 17500 -19000 /Month
We need to know more about you!
Sign in Career China account to apply the job by just one click. Take easy, our registration process only take you 3 minutes.Sign Up / Log In
If you have a resume at hand, you could upload it directly here to make a fast application.Fast Apply
Fast ApplyFast Apply
Relocate & work in China
Online part time work
We need to know more about you
This company needs a few more details before you apply. Either,
Cool, you have applied successfully
If you have signed in, you can manage your application here.View more opportunities
Resume uploaded successfully
You can deliver to interested companiesOK
Introduce Youself by Video
Give yourself the best chance, make a self-introduction video！
What we are looking for:
1. 3-5 minute video
2. Include your name and a short introduction about yourself – things like your interests or hobbies.
3. You can talk a little bit about what motivates you to come to China
4. Give a summary of your experiences, achievements and educational background and how these skills will help in a teaching position in China.
1. Make sure you speak clearly, keeping accents as neutral as possible
2. Consider the people watching the video may have English as their second language so try not to speak too fast or use any slang
3. Make sure you’re in a well-lit and quiet area
4. Relax and remember to smile!