Changchun is located in the central part of Songliao Plain in Northeast China. As the capital of Jilin Province, it is the second largest city in Northeast China and the political, economic and cultural center of the province.
You will be working for one of Changchun’s oldest privately owned English language training school, with a history of fifteen years. We are not a franchise, we are a school. The School’s founder is an American, who has been with the school from the very start. You will be joining a school that has a deep interest in the education of English in China. Perfect English is not here to simply entertain students or provide a babysitting service. Our motto is “Above All Else Quality Education”.
We're not small. We have eight branches spread throughout Changchun with plans to open another two. We have contracts with kindergartens, primary schools, middle and high schools and private companies. The team you will be joining is also not small, with currently over 25 foreign teachers, some of whom have been with us for over nine years. More than half of our teachers renew after the initial one-year contract, and the average length of stay for the past three years has been 2.8 years.
At Perfect English you will have the opportunity to learn transferable skills you can take to your next job. Alternatively, you can continue your career as a foreign language teacher with Perfect English as we always promote from within where possible, and as one of the fastest-growing private schools in a new economic powerhouse, there are always opportunities.
At Perfect English, we expect our teachers to be energetic, enthusiastic and animated in the classroom and have professionalism in oral and written communications. You are expected to be a good teacher, pure and simple, be on time, be professional, and teach good classes. That's it ! No hidden agenda ! We train all our new teachers whether they are experienced or not and not just once but throughout your time with us. Perhaps the most important thing is having a good sense of humor.
• Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
• Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
• Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
• Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
• Student age range: 3-12 years old in the children’s branches, above 12 years old in the adult branch.
• Class size: 16 students in one class. (adult branch 10 students max)
• Class length: 1hour per class. (adult branch 1.5 to 2 hours)
• Working Hours: 25 hours per week, zero office hours with two consecutive days off.
• Curriculum: Perfect English books and Incredible English from Oxford) the teacher creates their own lesson plans from set lesson plans provided.
• Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted with a bilingual Chinese teacher for each class.
• Training: teacher orientation and training throughout the year.
• Visa: Sponsored legal Z Work Visa.
• Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance and accommodation until you find your own apartment with our assistance.
• On arrival: daily living assistance until you are comfortably settled.
Net Monthly income: (RMB 9,000 – 11,000) based on experience
• Housing: Monthly stipend (RMB 1,500) with 25 teaching hour contract.
• Bonus: End of year bonus (RMB 9,000).
• Demo class bonus: (30 RMB for each child signed)
• Over time: (RMB 100) if over contract hours
• Insurance: (RMB 2000 per year).
• Public Holiday: Paid Chinese public holidays off.
• Annual Holiday: 2 weeks in winter, 2 weeks in summer according to school calendar.
• Sick Leave: 5 paid sick leave days.
• A no-nonsense contract written in plain English, which we will uphold.
• If you are new or experienced, our training program will help you be your best You get the support of bilingual Chinese teachers in and out of the classroom.
• Airport pickup and an initial two-week stay in a hotel while we help you find your own apartment.
• 24-hour access to a bilingual operations team to help you when you get lost, bargain for you, translate, and help you manage day to day life in China, plus free internet at your branch location.
* Subject to working location details will be specified during the interview process with the recruiter or school.
Above all else - Quality Education
Ivy Gate Beijing College ConsultantBeijing 18000 -22000 /Month
EF Changchun ESL TeacherChangchun 10000 -12000 /Month
Imagine Preschool Beijing Kindergarten TeacherBeijing 18000 -25000 /Month
We need to know more about you!
Sign in Career China account to apply the job by just one click. Take easy, our registration process only take you 3 minutes.Sign Up / Log In
If you have a resume at hand, you could upload it directly here to make a fast application.Fast Apply
Fast ApplyFast Apply
Relocate & work in China
Online part time work
We need to know more about you
This company needs a few more details before you apply. Either,
Cool, you have applied successfully
If you have signed in, you can manage your application here.View more opportunities
Resume uploaded successfully
You can deliver to interested companiesOK
Introduce Youself by Video
Give yourself the best chance, make a self-introduction video！
What we are looking for:
1. 3-5 minute video
2. Include your name and a short introduction about yourself – things like your interests or hobbies.
3. You can talk a little bit about what motivates you to come to China
4. Give a summary of your experiences, achievements and educational background and how these skills will help in a teaching position in China.
1. Make sure you speak clearly, keeping accents as neutral as possible
2. Consider the people watching the video may have English as their second language so try not to speak too fast or use any slang
3. Make sure you’re in a well-lit and quiet area
4. Relax and remember to smile!