Being capital of the People's Republic of China, Beijing is the nation's political, economic, and cultural center. Located in north China,it also serves as the most important transportation hub and port of entry.
First Leap Beijing Course Developer
First Leap is a teaching institution with a content language integrated learning (CLIL) curriculum. The students learn through creatively designed lessons in subjects such as; art, music, world culture, global leadership, science, reading, virtual PE and logical thinking. First Leap has an already developed curriculum, pre-prepared and tested lessons that are taught with interactive whiteboards. The company originated in Beijing and now have grown over 41 cities in China, there are over 25 schools based in Beijing and around 150 foreign teachers.
Details of Position
We expect our course developers to; design and develop lesson packages, carries out observations, surveys and focus group discussions to collect feedback on lesson packages and other products, participates in training and meetings for the research and development department, teaches in a First Leap school for a minimum of 1 day per week. We are looking for a creative, outgoing developer who is looking to work and adapt to an international working environment.
Requirements to Teach English in Beijing China:
Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics, English Psychology, Mathematics or Science degree given top priority).
Experience: TEFL (pass with C or above) / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
Experience: TKT module 2 (Lesson planning) and 4 (CLIL) with band 3 or above preferred.
(If you do not already have TKT, these must be completed in your 1st year of position).
Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
Responsibilities for Teachers in Beijing China:
Student age range: 1.5 – 12 years old.
Class size: 10 – 14 students in one class.
Class length: 40 minutes to 1 hour containing various creative teaching techniques.
Working Hours: 40 Hours (Wed - Sun Work Week); office hours, training and teaching hours.
Curriculum: CLIL (Content Learning Integrated Language) formed curriculum, Chinese teachers provide standard English language classes, Foreign teachers provide different subject classes for students to express English language. Lesson guides and Flipcharts for interactive whiteboards are provided. Trainers will train this curriculum, they must learn the curriculum well and provide quality training programs for teachers in First Leap to constantly improve in teaching the curriculum effectively.
Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted with a bilingual Chinese teacher for each class.
Training: Initial training is separate to your months’ salary, you get a ‘Training payment’ for the 10 days before you start your ‘official’ paid days of working which begin once you finish training. You will receive 10 – 14 hotel paid days initial training in Beijing (training is paid based on performance)
Training: On-going training throughout the year – provided by training department team of teachers (Foreign and Chinese).
What We Offer our Teachers:
Airfare to China: Flight is provided.
Visa: Assistance in sponsored legal Z Work Visa in your home country and in China.
Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
On boarding: Ground service assistance.
Your compensation will include:
Net Monthly income: USD 2700 – 2900 (RMB 18,000 – 20,000) *
· Base Salary: USD 1400 – 1900 (RMB 10,000 – 13,000) *
· Housing: Monthly stipend USD 580 (RMB 4,000).
· Bonus: Monthly teaching bonus – calculated by teacher’s performance data *
· Bonus: Monthly position bonus – calculated by trainer’s performance data *
· Relocation bonus: One-time payment - paid on first payslip USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
· Airfare Bonus: Provided once contract is fulfilled USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
· Demo class bonus: USD 9 (RMB 60) for each student signed up.
· Over time: Amount stipulated in handbook by school.
· Insurance: Basic Chinese health insurance.
· Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays off, Christmas and New Year’s Day off.
· Annual Holiday: 1st year teacher/trainer has 3 paid days’ annual leave.
· Sick Leave: 5 paid days’ sick leave.
Other benefits include:
Organized team-building activities.
Personal Career Development Planning.
*Subject to working location details will be specified during the interview process with the recruiter or school.
A business unit of TAL Education Group (NYSE, TAL), established in Beijing in 2009.
First Leap Changchun K-12 TeacherChangchun 12500 -15500 /Month
EF Changchun ESL TeacherChangchun 10000 -12000 /Month
Best Learning Shijiazhuang ESL TeacherShijiazhuang 17500 -19000 /Month
We need to know more about you!
Sign in Career China account to apply the job by just one click. Take easy, our registration process only take you 3 minutes.Sign Up / Log In
If you have a resume at hand, you could upload it directly here to make a fast application.Fast Apply
Fast ApplyFast Apply
Relocate & work in China
Online part time work
We need to know more about you
This company needs a few more details before you apply. Either,
Cool, you have applied successfully
If you have signed in, you can manage your application here.View more opportunities
Resume uploaded successfully
You can deliver to interested companiesOK
Introduce Youself by Video
Give yourself the best chance, make a self-introduction video！
What we are looking for:
1. 3-5 minute video
2. Include your name and a short introduction about yourself – things like your interests or hobbies.
3. You can talk a little bit about what motivates you to come to China
4. Give a summary of your experiences, achievements and educational background and how these skills will help in a teaching position in China.
1. Make sure you speak clearly, keeping accents as neutral as possible
2. Consider the people watching the video may have English as their second language so try not to speak too fast or use any slang
3. Make sure you’re in a well-lit and quiet area
4. Relax and remember to smile!