Being capital of the People's Republic of China, Beijing is the nation's political, economic, and cultural center. Located in north China,it also serves as the most important transportation hub and port of entry.
BFLS Beijing Foreign Language Teacher
Beijing Foreign Languages School (BFLS), under the direct leadership of Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU), is a full-time co-educational day and boarding school with a foreign language teaching specialism enrolling students from pre-primary through to high school. There are currently 87 classes enrolling over 2700 students from home and abroad as well as 265 professional teachers and 20 international teachers under period contract. With “united, alert, tolerant, rigorous” as the school motto and “establishing with specialization, strengthening with quality and vitalizing with culture” as the development strategy, BFLS sticks to the education philosophy of “all round development of the individual” and focuses on cultivating “international talents with foreign language specialties, excellent in science and humanities, and comprehensive qualities”.
The campus is beautiful and tranquil, equipped with extensive modern facilities such as a Teaching Building, Gymnasium, Sports Field, Swimming Pool, Students’ Dormitory and so on. There is internet service, modern communication system, multi-media teaching facilities, science labs and other special classrooms and facilities.
We are looking for teachers who are; experienced in education theory and practice, experienced in lesson planning, passionate about advancing students in English and furthering your own learning in teaching.
• General course classification should be in the following areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing of English and other English activities such as English Corner.
• The teachers should provide the detailed teaching plan to the school according to the type of course set by the school, this should also include setting homework, written and oral examinations and student reports to help improve the English level and keep students actively improving.
• The teachers should take an earnest attitude to participate in the R&D work, teaching staff training and other course-related administrative duties of the school.
• The teachers teaching will be observed or recorded for the purposes of curriculum research by R&D Department, Parents’ Open Class or Teacher’s Open Class.
• The teachers should follow the school’s work schedule, being neither late for class, nor dismissing the class ahead of time, nor to extend it.
Requirements to teach in China
• Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
• Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
• Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
• Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
• Student age range: 7-12 years old.
• Class size: 40 students per class.
• Class length: 40 minutes per period.
• Working Days & Hours: 35 – 40 hours per week, five-day week from Mandy to Friday between 8:00am – 5:30pm.
• Curriculum: Teachers will be given books and resources, they plan their classes around the textbooks and content.
• Chinese Teaching Assistant: None
• Initial Training: None
What We Offer our Teachers
• Flight: One way to China.
• Visa: Sponsored legal Z Work Visa.
• Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
• On boarding: Ground service assistance.
• Insurance: Chinese medical Insurance.
Your compensation will include
Monthly Income Total: 2714 USD (17,500 RMB) before tax.
• Base Salary: 2400 USD (15,000 RMB + 400 RMB as a subsidy for utilities) before tax.
• Housing: The school offers a standard single room OR a shared room with two beds. Apartment renting, 4000RMB allowance monthly.
• Bonus: 314 USD (2,000 RMB) per semester.
• Airfare Bonus: None
• Over time: There may be extra work at the weekends (excluding the work at weekends due to the adjustment of the school schedule), the school shall inform the teachers and offer extra pay. The teachers are expected to cooperate.
• Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays paid off.
• Annual Paid Holiday: Christmas (December 25th, 26th paid leave, Winter holidays (paid leave) around 4 weeks (detailed days are fixed by the school which cannot be changed), Summer holidays (unpaid leave) from July to August (around 2 months).
• Sick Leave: 5 paid days
• Pay Day: 9th day of the next month.
Other benefits include
• Organized team-building activities.
*Subject to working location details will be specified during the interview process with the recruiter or school.
United, alert, tolerant and rigorous.
EF Changchun ESL TeacherChangchun 11000 -15000 /Month
ESL Teacher at Best LearningShijiazhuang 16000 -20000 /Month
Imagine Preschool Beijing English TeacherBeijing 19000 -20000 /Month
We need to know more about you!
Sign in Career China account to apply the job by just one click. Take easy, our registration process only take you 3 minutes.Sign Up / Log In
If you have a resume at hand, you could upload it directly here to make a fast application.Fast Apply
Fast ApplyFast Apply
We need to know more about you
This company needs a few more details before you apply. Either,
Cool, you have applied successfully
If you have signed in, you could manage your application here.View more opportunities
Resume uploaded successfully
You can deliver to interested companiesOK