Yungu School is a K-12 school established by Alibaba partners. Our great team of educators and engineers work together for children by blending wisdom and civilizations of both East and West, to create a high-quality education. Yungu School respects individual differences and advocates personal development. It provides students with 15 years of learning experience from kindergarten through high school, with a school-based national curriculum, combined with innovative teaching ideas and methods.
Our passion for re-imagining education includes; designing the various curriculum and projects to meet the growth needs of our students, connecting with parents and students to learn how we can meet their needs, building innovative technology tools for the school and recruiting the best talent for our team. Yungu School is a school based in China and designed for the world by nurturing students to grow into global citizens and lifelong learners with goodwill, happiness, independent thinking and social responsibility.
We are looking for teachers who can; incorporate current technology into the classroom environment, adapt to changes in work priorities and maintain flexible working hours, be sensitive to the development stages and well-being of English Language Leaners and be passionate and dedicated to encouraging students learning in the English language.
- Participate in designing the curriculum for the subject of English.
- Plan, organize, and provide instructions in English that meet school standards.
- Provide instruction that is consistent and coordinated with the school’s instructional program to ensure that students meet and exceed learning targets.
- Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and strategies.
- Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the appropriate content area.
- Administer academic and language assessments to evaluate student progress for meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition.
- Adapt curriculum to provide individual, small group, and/or remedial instruction as to meet the needs of individual students and subgroups of students.
- Employ a variety of proven, research-based techniques and strategies for effective classroom management, lesson planning, active student engagement, and instructional delivery to meet different aptitudes and interests of students.
- Provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment that encourages student responsibility and incorporates challenging instructional strategies.
- Design and deliver English related optional courses as needed Supervises students in out-of-class activities during the assigned working day.
Requirements to teach in China
- Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree or above in Education or English Degree (Degree in teaching or recognized equivalent strongly preferred).
- Experience: At least 3+ years of experience in teaching English as the second language. Experience in early childhood education is preferred. Teaching experience in China is a plus.
- Student age range: 7—15 years old.
- Class size: 15—25 students per class.
- Class length: For primary school: 35 minutes, for middle school: 50minutes.
- Working Days & Hours: Monday to Friday, from 07：45am to 17：15pm.
- Curriculum: Yungu curriculum is developed from the National Curriculum, and consists of compulsory, extended and potential courses. The bilingual immersion learning environment helps students to learn the essence of Chinese culture and to appreciate world cultures. Guided by advanced educational philosophy, we explore innovative teaching methods and provide various courses such as traditional culture, library information literacy, PBL (Project Based Learning) and DT (Design Thinking). Our curriculum is integrated with knowledge, social ability and potential training so that our students can achieve their best through personalized learning and develop lifelong learning skills.
- Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted with a bilingual Chinese teacher for each class.
What We Offer our Teachers
- Flight: One way to China.
- Visa: Sponsored legal Z Work Visa.
- On boarding: Ground service assistance.
Your compensation will include:
Monthly Salary: USD 3000 – 5400 (20,000 – 35,000 RMB) After tax.
- Base Salary: USD 2300 – 4700 (15,000 – 30,000 RMB) After-tax.
- Housing: Monthly stipend USD 780 (5,000 RMB).
- Bonus: End of year bonus; two month’s salary (14 months’ salary).
- Airfare Bonus: Round-trip ticket, once the contract is fulfilled.
- Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays off, Christmas and New Year’s Day off.
- Annual Holiday: Summer holiday & Winter holiday paid.
- Sick Leave: Paid 2 days’ sick leave every term.
- Insurance: social insurance and commercial insurance (life & medical insurance).
- Pay Day: The last workday of each month.
Other benefits include
- Organized team-building activities.
*Subject to working location details will be specified during the interview process with the recruiter or school.