Lies on the south bank of the Yangtze River, Nanjing, the capital of Jiangsu Province, is one of the most delightful destinations in China.
Applications open until April 10th
Working with a number of credible, government backed public schools across the breadth and depth of Nanjing, Nanjing Education Association offers candidates a safe entry to public school teaching in China. Nanjing is an exciting, up-coming city located in the Jiangsu province, close to Shanghai, Hangzhou and Suzhou with the Yangtze running through the heart of the city. A luscious, vibrant and beautiful city, Nanjing is in the perfect location to see urban and rural China easily. Purple Mountain is easily accessible from the city, with Yellow Mountain (and its breath taking views) being just a train ride away. Nanjing and its schools offer prospective educators a mix of education and technology tools combined to ensure excellent standard of teaching and learning.
Those who are excited by challenges and relish taking a different path from others will thrive in this position. We are looking for candidates who are interested in learning about Chinese culture, and who are open to the task of teaching English by incorporating Western style learning with Chinese style learning. Candidates should have a respect of education and interest in immersing themselves in cross-cultural teaching and learning styles. Our candidate should be a self-starter, be able to work autonomously as well as in a team. They should be able to use initiative to research different ideas to ensure their lesson pushes student learning and enjoyment of English. Candidates should be experienced in lesson planning and working within a curriculum framework, be open to feedback and adaptable to the suggestions of their school.
*Subject to working location details will be specified when signing the position offer with the recruiter or school.
As a teacher in a public school your main responsibilities shall include:
• Creating and designing lesson plans around the curriculum, for an engaging yet educational environment for the students.
• Teach lessons to a high quality, meeting school expectations.
• Create a strong professional relationship with students and co-workers to encourage cross-cultural integration.
• Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
• Degree: Bachelor’s degree or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
• Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
• Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
• Student age range: 6 – 12 / 12 – 15 / 15 – 18 years old*
• Class size: 25 – 40 students per class, varies on grade level *
• Class length: 40 minutes – 1 hour *
• Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 30 hours a week including teaching and office hours.
• Curriculum: Every school follows the national curriculum for English classes, which includes; speaking, listening, writing and reading. Teachers create their own lesson plans according to the curriculum *
• Chinese Teaching Assistant: Provided for 1st month of teaching only.
• Training: paid orientation program upon arrival.
• Flight: One way to China.
• Visa: Legal Z Work Visa.
• Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
• On boarding: Ground service assistance.
• After tax: USD 1700 – 1800 (11,000 – 12,000 RMB).
• Housing: Provided by the school.
• Contract completion bonus: USD 780 (5,000 RMB) only upon fulfilment of the contract.
• Relocation reimbursements*
• Visa reimbursements*
• TEFL: online program provided before arrival.
• Public Holiday: All Chinese public holidays + 25th December paid off.
• Annual Holiday: Winter holiday paid.
• Sick Leave*
• Lunch provided.
• Free Chinese language lessons *
• Insurance: basic Chinese medical cover.
Make it easy to ﬁnd a secure job in China with a reputable company.
T-School Tianjin Academic PrincipalChina, Nationalwide 47000 -72000 /Month
PKU Primary School Haikou ESL TeacherChina, Nationalwide 18400 -18400 /Month
Beijing Information Technology College Beijing ESL TeacherBeijing 15000 -15000 /Month
We need to know more about you!
Sign in Career China account to apply the job by just one click. Take easy, our registration process only take you 3 minutes.Sign Up / Log In
If you have a resume at hand, you could upload it directly here to make a fast application.Fast Apply
Fast ApplyFast Apply
Relocate & work in China
Online part time work
We need to know more about you
This company needs a few more details before you apply. Either,
Cool, you have applied successfully
If you have signed in, you can manage your application here.View more opportunities
Resume uploaded successfully
You can deliver to interested companiesOK
Introduce Youself by Video
Give yourself the best chance, make a self-introduction video！
What we are looking for:
1. 3-5 minute video
2. Include your name and a short introduction about yourself – things like your interests or hobbies.
3. You can talk a little bit about what motivates you to come to China
4. Give a summary of your experiences, achievements and educational background and how these skills will help in a teaching position in China.
1. Make sure you speak clearly, keeping accents as neutral as possible
2. Consider the people watching the video may have English as their second language so try not to speak too fast or use any slang
3. Make sure you’re in a well-lit and quiet area
4. Relax and remember to smile!