Arti School are Kindergartens and Art training schools under the umbrella of LIA. LIA stands for "Longitude International Academy.” LIA is a leading company in the fast growing and promising KQ 12 education training market. We provide first class quality teaching and service to our customers and value people who are passionate about education and children, and who are skilled in doing their jobs.
As an International Kindergarten Teacher, we expect you to be; computer literate in Microsoft Office Excellent, have written and speaking communication skills in English, have interpersonal skills and a service mind-set. We encourage creativity and the ability to construct class materials and prepare professional lessons. We want teachers to enjoy being with kids and passionate about the education and culture industry, teachers need to have the ability to adapt and respect different cultures and lifestyles.
- Prepare and carry out lessons in different subjects (Language Arts/Levelled Reading/Math/Science/Social Studies/Fine Arts, STEAM...) as assigned by the Director of Studies.
- Correct, record and administer progress reports for students.
- Communicate students’ progress and action plans with parents via parent Q teacher meetings.
- Help edit, enhance and create new materials for classes and students.
- Carry out academic events including demo lessons, parent academy, open lessons and life clubs.
- Attend teacher training presentations and workshops for professional development.
- Substitute for absent colleagues, perhaps on short notice, on or offsite.
- Occasionally work outside normal business hours for marketing or other school related event or training.
Requirements to teach in China:
- Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree major in English, English Education, TESOL, Applied Linguistics or another relevant area
- Experience: A National Teacher Certificate OR TEFL/CELTA certificate OR have 2 years working experience.
- Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
- Student age range: 2 - 6 years old.
- Class size: Maximum of 20 students per class.
- Class length: Around 40 minutes per class.
- Working Hours: 40 hours including maximum 20 teaching hours per week, from Monday to Friday 8 am to 4:30pm.
- Curriculum: We use World of Wonders American Pre-K and Kindergarten Curriculum based on the Federal Head Start program. We also combine Chinese and Western Cultural elements and STEAM based electives, along with Music, Dance and PE.
- Chinese Teaching Assistant: One Teaching Assistant and one Ayi per class.
- Training: 2-week paid induction training provided upon arrival.
What LIA Offers Teachers:
- Flight: One way to China.
- Visa: Sponsored legal Z Work Visa.
- Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
- On boarding: Ground service assistance.
Your compensation will include:
- Monthly Salary: USD 2100 – 2400 (14000 RMB - 16000RMB) before Tax per month (based on qualifications) *
- Housing Allowance provided: Teachers will receive between USD 150 – 460 (1000 - 3000 RMB) per month (Based on qualifications) to go towards their monthly rent for an apartment they will find and rent themselves *
- Performance Bonus: 0-2000 RMB monthly performance bonus based on performance review after 6 months.
- Airfare Bonus: USD 1500 (10,000 RMB) can be reimbursed in two ways: half at the end of the first semester (6 months) and the other half at the completion of the first-year contract or all reimbursed at the end of the first-year contract.
- Demo class bonus: Included in Performance Bonus after 6 months.
- Over time: No overtime, if there is a special event outside normal working time then the teacher will be given that time back on another day.
- Insurance: Group Insurance provided by AIA which includes coverage at public hospitals.
- Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays paid off (25th December is flexible).
- Annual Holiday: Paid annual leave (10 days for the 1st year and one additional day per additional year of service).
- Unpaid leave: Possible additional unpaid leave with prior approval of manager during Summer or Winter.
- Sick Leave: 5 days paid sick leave per year (Doctors note required for sick leave over 0.5 days).
Other benefits include:
- Contract completion bonus (Equal to one month’s salary).
- 2 weeks’ hotel stay while looking for apartment.
- Free Kindergarten Tuition for Children of our International Teachers.
- Professional Development Course reimbursement for successfully passed courses and approval of manager.
*Subject to working location details will be specified during the interview process with the recruiter or school.