Chongqing is the largest municipality in southwest China. It is a modern port city on the upper reaches of the Yangtze River at the confluence of the Yangtze and Jialing Rivers.
Ever since 2001, Owen Foreign Languages School has been providing students with a rich and diverse learning environment. Our unparalleled teaching methods help to launch students into the successful future they have always dreamed of. Owen foreign language school is located in Chongqing, Chengdu and Kunming cities, China and has over 5000 students and a renowned foreign staff of over 100 foreign teachers. We encourage both staff and students alike to grow, learn and create each passing day.
- Instructing students ages 3-18 in the English language
- Classroom management
- Utilizing creative, interactive speaking listening activities that engage students
- Developing lesson plans and contributing to existing curriculum
- Attending meetings, teacher training sessions and seminars
- Teacher is responsible for developing lesson plans and adapting to students' English abilities
• Native English speaker from the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand is preferred.
• Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
• Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
• Non criminal background check (which should be authenticated)
• Should have no health problems with a physical report
• Should be able to teach young learners (4-18)
• Student age range: 3– 18 years old.
• Class size: VIP one to one, and 6-8 kids for small class.
• Class length: 45 minutes or 60 minutes.
• Working Hours: 80 teaching hours and 20 office hours (You will have 5 standard working days and 2 days off-without Saturdays and Sundays).
• Curriculum: CLIL (Content Learning Integrated Language) formed curriculum, Chinese teachers provide standard English language classes, Foreign teachers provide different subject classes for students to express English language. Lesson guides and Flipcharts for interactive whiteboards are provided. Training on curriculum is provided initially and throughout the year.
• Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted with a bilingual Chinese teacher for only new teachers.
• Training: No fixed training plans, but at least one a month at the school.
• Airfare to China: Flight is provided.
• Visa: Assistance in sponsored legal Z Work Visa in your home country and in China.
• Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
• On boarding: Ground service assistance.
• Monthly income: USD 2430 - 2860 (RMB 21,000 - 23,000) before tax
• Basic Salary:
100 hours/month: USD 2280 - 2850(RMB 16,000 - 19,500) before tax
One year’s working experience equals 200 RMB raise( up to 2000RMB)
Normal class: 45min/class;VIP class: 60min/class
• Housing: Monthly stipend USD 360 (RMB 2,500).
• Full attendance bonus: Monthly stipend USD 70 (RMB 500)
• Bonus: Teaching management position only(need at least 5 years teaching experiences)*
• Airfare Bonus: USD 860~1000 (RMB 6,000 -7000) can be reimbursed when full filled contract.
• Renew Contract Bonus：USD 580 (4000RMB).
• Demo class bonus: USD 14 (RMB 100) for sign up 1 person.
• Over time: None.
• Insurance: Business insurance RMB 1900 / year, including Outpatient disease, accident, Hospitalization, will be shared by both sides.
First year: 50%(RMB 950/year) paid by both sides.
Second year: 70%(RMB 1330/year) paid by school side, 30%(RMB 570/year) paid by teacher side.
Third year: 100%(RMB 1900/year) paid by school side.
*Since the annual insurance amount will be determined according to the situation, the amount will vary from year to year.
• Public Holiday:
• Two days off per week(cannot be weekend, except during public schools’ summer and winter holiday).
• Chinese public holidays off（Arrange for a break according to the actual situation of each school）.
Christmas（School will hold a party, may not at Christmas day）.
• Annual Holiday: One week paid annual leave, one week without pay
• Sick Leave: 1 month have 1 day paid sick leave, no sick leave can be accumulated as paid annual leave.
• Organized team-building activities
• Personal Career Development Planning
Ever since 2001, Owen Foreign Language School has been providing students with a rich and diverse learning environment.
EF Changchun ESL TeacherChangchun 10000 -12000 /Month
Best Learning Shijiazhuang ESL TeacherShijiazhuang 13000 -19000 /Month
Imagine Preschool Beijing Kindergarten TeacherBeijing 18000 -25000 /Month
We need to know more about you!
Sign in Career China account to apply the job by just one click. Take easy, our registration process only take you 3 minutes.Sign Up / Log In
If you have a resume at hand, you could upload it directly here to make a fast application.Fast Apply
Fast ApplyFast Apply
Relocate & work in China
Online part time work
We need to know more about you
This company needs a few more details before you apply. Either,
Cool, you have applied successfully
If you have signed in, you can manage your application here.View more opportunities
Resume uploaded successfully
You can deliver to interested companiesOK
Introduce Youself by Video
Give yourself the best chance, make a self-introduction video！
What we are looking for:
1. 3-5 minute video
2. Include your name and a short introduction about yourself – things like your interests or hobbies.
3. You can talk a little bit about what motivates you to come to China
4. Give a summary of your experiences, achievements and educational background and how these skills will help in a teaching position in China.
1. Make sure you speak clearly, keeping accents as neutral as possible
2. Consider the people watching the video may have English as their second language so try not to speak too fast or use any slang
3. Make sure you’re in a well-lit and quiet area
4. Relax and remember to smile!