Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL) was founded in 1920 as a single classroom magazine. Today, Scholastic books and educational materials are in tens of thousands of schools and tens of millions of homes worldwide, helping to open a world of possibilities for children across the globe.
Scholastic English Yiwu Center is located in Yiwu, Zhejiang. Yiwu is a mutil-cultural and diverse city located 30 minutes south of Hangzhou by High-Speed Railway. Our campus is at Wanda Plaza which is the new commercial center of the city. We provide integrated Pre-K to G12 education solutions for Chinese families who desire a high quality American education for their kids. We want you to be part of us to help open a world of possible for our students in Yiwu, the biggest international trade center of small commodities in the world. You will be part of a team of committed teachers who can add value to the school in many ways.
We expect our teachers to have an understanding and interest in Chinese culture, be passionate about teaching and dedicated to student outcomes. To be outgoing, patient, have an energetic and enthusiastic disposition. Teachers should know English language fluency; proper grammar, sentence structure, word tense, subject-verb agreement, proper use of adjectives and adverbs, neutral accent, clear pronunciation, good intonation and English language rhythm.
• Instructing students in the English language (KIDS).
• Utilizing creative, interactive speaking listening activities that engage students.
• Classroom management.
• Developing lesson plans and contributing to existing curriculum.
• Attending meetings, teacher training sessions and seminars by Scholastic.
• Teacher is responsible for developing lesson plans and adapting to students' English abilities.
• Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
• Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
• Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
• Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
• Student age range: 3-18 years old.
• Class size: 10 to 12 students per class.
• Class length: 60 minutes per class.
• Working Hours: 22 teaching hours per week, Wednesday to Friday from 15:00 to 20:30, weekends from 9:00 to 20:30.
• Curriculum: Appointed teaching materials and need foreign teachers to create teaching plans.
• Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted with a bilingual Chinese teacher.
• Training: Paid one-week training before delivering class.
• Monthly income: USD 2300 - 2900 (15000 - 19000 RMB) after tax.
• Housing: Provide apartment OR USD 140 (1000 RMB) housing allowance per month.
• Flight: One way to China.
• Visa: Sponsored legal Z Work Visa.
• Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
• On boarding: Ground service assistance.
• Airfare Bonus: USD 900 (6000 RMB) can be reimbursed once 1year contract is fulfilled.
• Completion bonus : Half monthly salary will be paid after is contract fulfilled.
• Insurance: Social insurance.
• Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays paid off.
• Annual Holiday: 6 days paid annual leave.
• Sick Leave: Paid sick leave 6 days per year.
Scholastic English Yiwu Center is located in Yiwu, Zhejiang which focus on 3-18 years old students English Study.
EF Changchun ESL TeacherChangchun 12000 -14000 /Month
Best Learning Shijiazhuang ESL TeacherShijiazhuang 13000 -19000 /Month
Imagine Preschool Beijing Kindergarten TeacherBeijing 18000 -25000 /Month
We need to know more about you!
Sign in Career China account to apply the job by just one click. Take easy, our registration process only take you 3 minutes.Sign Up / Log In
If you have a resume at hand, you could upload it directly here to make a fast application.Fast Apply
Fast ApplyFast Apply
Relocate & work in China
Online part time work
We need to know more about you
This company needs a few more details before you apply. Either,
Cool, you have applied successfully
If you have signed in, you can manage your application here.View more opportunities
Resume uploaded successfully
You can deliver to interested companiesOK
Introduce Youself by Video
Give yourself the best chance, make a self-introduction video！
What we are looking for:
1. 3-5 minute video
2. Include your name and a short introduction about yourself – things like your interests or hobbies.
3. You can talk a little bit about what motivates you to come to China
4. Give a summary of your experiences, achievements and educational background and how these skills will help in a teaching position in China.
1. Make sure you speak clearly, keeping accents as neutral as possible
2. Consider the people watching the video may have English as their second language so try not to speak too fast or use any slang
3. Make sure you’re in a well-lit and quiet area
4. Relax and remember to smile!